- 13.2 channel processing with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs and flexible pre-amplifier stages — ideal for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
- Enjoy immersive, three-dimensional sound with the latest surround formats including Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.6 or 9.1.4), DTS:X and Auro-3D (up to 13.1)
- High-performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels provide the highest resolution for music and movies
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and DynamicEQ deliver equalization to best suit your listening environment
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support offer improved network stability even in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- Listen from any room of your home with HEOS wireless music streaming technology and the HEOS app
- Ultimate visual quality with 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) functionality via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- Eight HDMI inputs, including one on the front, with full HDCP 2.2 support, plus three HDMI outputs (zones), plenty of inputs for your digital devices and the ability to support different video in different rooms
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling for legacy video sources, plus full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- Stream music from AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL and more via the HEOS app
- Network music streaming supported via DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAVsupport for high-resolution, Hi-Fi listening
- Installation and operation are seamless with the Setup Assistant and Marantz AVR Remote app
The 13.2 channel AV8805 with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs provide a flexible yet detailed pre-amplifier stage for the advanced home cinema enthusiast. Enjoy it with acoustically matching Marantz MM series power amplifiers, like the MM8077, and immerse yourself in three-dimensional audio provided by the latest integrated surround formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D. Auro-3D will be enabled via a future firmware update at no additional charge. Marantz proprietary HDAM technology combines matched-precision discrete circuit elements with ultra-wide-end response for a wider soundstage and refined musical reproduction while built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi streaming and HEOS support, plus Apple AirPlay compatibility, let you stream and enjoy your favorite audio wirelessly.
The Marantz AV8805 is future-compatible, with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight HDMI inputs. AV8805 supports 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through on every input. It is compatible with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Dolby Vision compatibility, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), new HDR format for broadcasting and pass-through capability are also supported.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos with object-based audio formatting that creates a truly immersive listening experience. Enjoy a 7.1 surround sound speaker system and six additional overhead speakers or Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favorite movies.
By fully immersing the listener in life-like sound, Auro-3D provides a more encapsulating surround sound experience thanks to dedicated height and overhead channels in addition to the regular channels. Auro-3D will be enabled via future firmware update at no additional charge.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. This feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.
Featuring Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AV8805 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. Plus, with Apple AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listening to your favorite audio content wirelessly from your iOS devices such as an iPhone or iPad.
Built-in HEOS technology lets you enjoy your favorite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room, or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Also works with Amazon Alexa, providing cutting-edge voice control and incredible sound for all of your home entertainment. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn Internet radio, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS components like the HEOS speaker range or other HEOS-capable receivers, you can play all your music in one room or many.
Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled AV Receiver. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.
Re-designed from the ground up, the Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app gives you unprecedented control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers, from iOS and Android phones and tablets. Along with many new features, the graphics and user interface have been completely overhauled: control power, volume, input and settings, or switch to the HEOS app to access an incredible range of music content and streaming services, all with full HEOS wireless multi-room control.
The AV8805 lets you discover the incredible fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources. Or, listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
The Marantz AV8805 features premium grade AK4490 32-bit DACs on all channels and XLR input and outputs. There's a balanced XLR stereo input that's assignable as well as 15.2 balanced XLR outputs, which includes the two subwoofer outputs, front height/width outputs and overhead channels. This extensive balanced XLR compatibility ensures high-end performance in the home and the studio, while 15.2 pre-outs (RCA jacks) provide additional compatibility with multiple power amplifier types.
The AV8805 features the latest Marantz proprietary HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which consist of matched-precision discrete selected circuit elements on a compact sub-board along with ultra-wide-band response (100 kHz, -3 dB) for an open soundstage with refined detail reproduction.
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AV8805 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Plus, the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app lets you view and adjust settings for detailed tuning and customize the sound more precisely to your room and tastes.
The AV8805 supports the brand-new Audyssey MultEQ Editor App. Go ‘under the hood’, view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
- View the speaker detection results, to check correct installation.
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems.
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes.
- Adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair.
- Switch between 2 high frequency rolloff target curves.
- Enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother.
- Save and load calibration results.
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, for Android and iOS, is available for purchase from the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
For remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system, the AV8805 features an IR (infrared) remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with dual 12V trigger outputs. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, the AV8805 features an RS-232C serial port with Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) and Crestron Connected certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.
A single subwoofer demands optimal placement to avoid audible peaks and dips in the low-frequency response at the main listening position. The AV8805 supports two subwoofers: used in different locations, these will even out the low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the room.
Whatever your family's entertainment needs, the AV8805 delivers: you can enjoy 13.2-channel surround sound in the main room, and at the same time play stereo sound from another source in a different part of the house. There are versatile configuration options thanks to the 13 channel processing capability.
The Marantz AV8805 may be controlled with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the AV8805 with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu and four Smart Selects.
The AV8805 has four Smart Select buttons on the remote control: each stores a preferred setup – input, volume and Audyssey configuration – for a particular source. Push one button and the AV8805 can be perfectly configured for anything, from Blu-ray or your TV set-top box to your favorite Internet radio station.
For easy installation, the AV8805's clear graphical on-screen display has an exclusive Setup Assistant, combining with the Quick Start guide to provide guidance and optimize critical settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration.
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the AV8805 carries on our long tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema.