The DLA-RS4500 is the ultimate projector for discerning individuals who want uncompromised large screen performance in their home. It represents a giant leap forward in front projection, delivering exquisite native 4K high dynamic range (HDR) images at a brightness that fills even the largest home theater screens. It features three JVC-developed native 4K D-ILA devices combined with our exclusive BLU-Escent laser phosphor illumination that delivers 3,000 lumens with a 20,000 hour operational life. In addition, the new laser light source offers dynamic light control for an infinite contrast ratio (∞:1). To further ensure that the projector delivers bright, high-quality 4K images, it features a new 100mm high-resolution lens developed specifically for 4K applications, and a new Cinema Filter for a wide color gamut.
- 2nd generation BLU-Escent™ (Laser Diode/Phosphor) Light Source with 20,000 hour life
- 3,000 lumen illumination
- 20,000 hour laser life (at full power)
- ∞ : 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Three 0.69 inch 4K DILA (4096 × 2160) Devices
- 18 Element, 16 Group All Glass 100mm Diameter Zoom Lens
- Native 4K (4096 x 2160) Projected Image
- Two 18 Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs
- THX® 4K Display Certified (pending approval)
- ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) Licensed
- Improved Multi Pixel Control (MPC) w/Auto Mode
MPC Works with 4K60P (up to 4:4:4) Signals
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible w/HDR10 and Hybrid Log Gamma and SMPTE 2086
- Motion Enhance (2D, 3D, 4K) w/Upgraded Clear Motion Drive
- 100% coverage of DCI-P3 color space and 80% BT.2020
- 1.4 to 2.8:1 Motorized Zoom Lens w/±100% Vertical Offset and ±43% Horizontal (16:9 aspect ratio)
- New Installation Function Memorizes 10 Positions for Lens, Screen & Masking Settings
- Control: Control4 SDDP / LAN / RS-232C / IR / 12V Screen Trigger Output / 3D Sync Output
- 3 Year Warranty
- Native 4K D-ILA Device 0.69 inch
- The DLA-RS4500 employs the world's smallest Native 4K D-ILA device (.69"diagonal) realizing 4096 x 2160 pixel images. It utilizes vertical orientation technology and a planarization technique that reduces light scattering and light diraction over previous devices. The result is extremely high native contrast ratios with smooth, detailed pictures without visible pixel structure even on large screens.
- Laser Phosphor Light Engine
- JVC's proprietary 2nd generation BLU-Escent™ laser phosphor light engine uses blue laser diodes, stationary inorganic phosphor and JVC's proprietary color management system. BLU-Escent™ enables a consistent 3,000 lumen light output. Increased brightness ensures compatibility with larger screen sizes over 200 inches, and improved HDR performance, bringing greater depth and dimensionality to home theater screens.
Using the Laser Diodes as the light source, light output can be controlled instantly enabling a contrast ratio of ∞:1. The DLA-RS4500 controls the laser output accordingly to the scene's brightness, which creates a picture that is as close to human perception as possible.
Low/Medium/High Laser Diode output settings are available with a choice of three Dynamic Control modes (Off/Auto 1/Auto 2). Additionally a full manual lens aperture is available for fine brightness adjustment.
- High Resolution Lens Dedicated for 4K
- An 18 element 16 group all glass lens and full aluminum lens barrel has been specically engineered for the DLA-RS4500's 4K performance. Chromatic aberration and color fringing are minimized even when utilizing lens shift, resulting in precise projection of 4K content. In order to project 4K resolution to every corner of the screen, the new lens diameter is now 100mm, compared to 65mm used in previous JVC projectors. This lens allows a wide shift range of ±100% vertical, ±43% horizontal for a 16:9 image (±40% horizontal for a native 17:9 image).
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible
- HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray discs incorporate extended dynamic range, 10bit color and BT.2020 color gamut. This demands exceptional specications and exacting performance from display devices. The DLA-RS4500, employs high native contrast ratio with BT.709 and Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) color gamut with BT.2020 color mapping, dynamic light source control and high brightness let you experience a full complement of HDR content. HDR content from various sources can be adjusted depending on screen size and screen type based on picture preferences.
Auto HDR Picture Preset. When the projector detects an HDR10 signal it will automatically select the correct picture mode preset. The preset is based on the HDR10 standard, which follows the PQ gamma curve, 1,000nit brightness, and BT.2020 color gamut.
Hybrid Log-Gamma is an additional HDR Gamma mode that is used for live broadcast or streaming events.
- Wide Color Gamut Resulting in Vivid Color Images
- The new BLU-Escent™ light source and new Cinema Filter achieve over 100% DCI-P3 color space and over 80% coverage of BT.2020 color gamut. The gradation of sky or sea, the various colors of red in a crimson rose, and the countless colors of green of trees can be reproduced more vividly. The DLA-RS4500 reproduces stunning imagery and color when utilizing UHD content.
Luxurious Cabinet Design
The DLA-RS4500 features an all-new cosmetic design, with a symmetrical cabinet that combines aluminum and matte black paint for a luxurious appearance while also reducing reflections. The center-mounted lens is set off from the black body by a gold alumite ring. For cooling, the rear intake/front exhaust fan adapts to the installation environment to maximize its effectiveness, and it employs a professional level air filter that can withstand severe conditions.
Special care has been taken to add functional beauty by applying a texturized matt black finish minimizing visible finger prints during installation as well as in theater reflections.
- Next Generation Multiple Pixel Control
- The new algorithm has been developed to scale all video to 4K, giving extraordinary detail to all content regardless of source resolution. Native 4K images (up to 4K/60P 4:4:4) may also be fine tuned for the highest projected quality.